Click on the scholarship, research fellowship, or job tabs below.
George M. Simmons Water Scholarship
The George M. Simmons Water Scholarship is a merit-based scholarships for undergraduate students enrolled in the Water: Resources, Policy, and Management degree. George Simmons is a Virginia Tech Alumni Distinguished Professor Emeritus, having retired in 2003 as an Alumni Distinguished Professor of Biological Sciences in the College of Science. A member of the Virginia Tech community since 1971, Dr. Simmons continued to teach and advise students until 2014. To read more about George M. Simmons and his work, click here.
To apply, please go to the Advising Center’s Scholarship webpage.
Stephen H. Schoenholtz Water Undergraduate Research Fund
The Stephen H. Schoenholtz Undergraduate Research Fund is a competitive research funding opportunity for undergraduate students enrolled in the Water: Resources, Policy, and Management degree. Stephen Schoenholtz is the Director of the Virginia Water Resources Research Center and a Professor in the Virginia Tech Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation. To read more about Stephen H. Schoenholtz and his work, click here.
The deadline for applications is November 16, 2018, at 5:00 PM. Downloap application here.
Graduates of the Water: Resources, Policy, and Management degree will be competitive for jobs with government agencies, environmental consulting firms, educational institutions, university and government research laboratories, private industries, and non-governmental water organizations. Employment opportunities also exist for water resources planners, water resource scientists, water program coordinators, stormwater specialists, watershed managers, and water resource educators, as selected examples. A great resource for job opportunities in the water sector is available from the Pacific Institute.
Below is an updated list of online sources for water-related jobs:
- Texas A&M Job Board – Water Jobs
- American Water Resources Association
- American Geophysical Union – Hydrology
- Geological Society of America
- Josh Newton’s Water Job Website
- Get Hydrology Jobs
- Water Jobs Now
- BC Water Jobs
- Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI)
- Joshua Newton’s Water Jobs & More
- Water Environmental Federation Job Bank
- Cyber-Sierra’s Jobs in Watershed and Wetlands
- Society of Wetland Scientists
- Indeed Hydrologic Science
- Earth Works – Hydrogeology, Hydrology & Water Resources Jobs
- Global Water Jobs
- Conservation Job Board – Hydrology
- LinkedIn Water Resource Jobs
- Federal Hydrology Jobs
- United Nations Water Resources Jobs
- United Nations Water Management Jobs
- United Nations Water and Sanitation Jobs