Coordinator, Virginia Forest Landowner Education Program
- B.S., University of Florida, 1998;
- M.S., University of Florida, 2001
Non-industrial private landowners, sustainable forest management, longleaf and shortleaf pine restoration, uneven-aged management, exotic invasive identification and control.
Virginia Forest Landowner Update
- Gagnon, J.L. 2008. Overview of Forest Ecology and Management in Virginia. 2008. In: Master Naturalist Textbook; Extension Publication 465-315.
- Gagnon, J.L. and J.E. Johnson. 2006. Sustainable Forestry: A Guide for Virginia Forest Landowners. 420-139. Available in print or on-line at:
- Gagnon, J.L. and J.E. Johnson. 2007. Shortleaf Pine: An Option for Landowners in Virginia. 420-165; Available on-line at: http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/trees/420-165/420-165.html.
- Gagnon, Jennifer L., Eric J. Jokela, W.K. Moser, Dudley A. Huber. 2004. Characteristics of gaps and natural regeneration in mature longleaf pine flatwoods ecosystems. For. Ecol. Manage. 187:373-380.
- Sheffield, Mary Carol P., Jennifer L. Gagnon, Steven B. Jack, and Daniel J. McConville. 2003. Phenological patterns of mature longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) under two different soil moisture regimes. For. Ecol. Manage. 179:157-167.
- Gagnon, J.L., E.J. Jokela, W.K. Moser, D.A. Huber. 2003. Dynamics of artificial
regeneration in gaps within a longleaf pine flatwoods ecosystem. For. Ecol. Manage. 172:133-144.
- Gagnon, J.L., and E.J. Jokela. 2002. Opportunities for Uneven-Aged Management in Second Growth Longleaf Pine Stands in Florida. Extension publication, available at: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FR132.
- Forest Landowner Education Program Short Course Series
- Fall Forestry & Wildlife Field Tours
- Virginia Forest Landowner Update quarterly newsletter
- Virginia Forest Landowner Update website
- Woody biomass for energy training
- Award from Tidewater RC&D Council for exemplary assistance to RC&D program by an individual - 2007.
- 2001 Outstanding Thesis Award - School of Forest Resources and Conservation, UF
- 2000 Teaching Assistant of the Year, School of Forest Resources and Conservation, UF