FREC's Vision, Mission, and Values
An inclusive and collaborative department recognized as a regional, national, and global leader in addressing critical forest and environmental resource issues through teaching, research, and outreach
To conduct impactful teaching, research, and outreach that advances the science, conservation, and sustainable management of forests and the environment
FREC CORE VALUES:
- KNOWLEDGE AND INNOVATION: We value creating and disseminating knowledge and innovative solutions that address critical challenges in the sustainable management and conservation of forests and the environment.
- EXCELLENCE AND INTEGRITY: We commit to maintaining and promoting the highest standards of ethics and integrity in our pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and outreach about the sustainable management and conservation of forests and the environment.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY: We actively seek and promote the contributions of diverse people and perspectives in pursuing our mission, and we commit to continuous improvement to foster an inclusive environment and to expand opportunities for all.
- OPPORTUNITY AND AFFORDABILITY: We strive to provide affordable educational opportunities of the highest quality and commit ourselves to supporting aspirations of students and others to contribute to the science, conservation, and sustainable management of forests and the environment.
- SUSTAINABILITY: We value sustainability, acknowledge its critical importance for the well-being of current and future generations, and strive to advance the science and practice of sustainability in our teaching, research, and outreach.