Stephen H. Schoenholtz Water Undergraduate Research Fund
The Stephen H. Schoenholtz Undergraduate Research Fund is a competitive research funding opportunity for undergraduate students enrolled in the Water: Resources, Policy, and Management degree. Stephen Schoenholtz is the Director of the Virginia Water Resources Research Center and a Professor in the Virginia Tech Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation. To read more about Stephen H. Schoenholtz and his work, click here.
The deadline for applications is November 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Download application here.
The Stephen H. Schoenholtz Water Undergraduate Research Fund/Research Fellowship has been awarded annually since 2016.
2020 Summer Recipient
- Lindsey Long: Instrumenting USFS National Forest streams
- Dexter Howard: Drivers and Patterns of Dissolved Organic Matter Cycling in Drinking Water Reservoirs
2019 Summer Recipient
- Delaney Peterson: Undergraduate Water Research at Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest
- Benjamin Clark: Quantifying Nucleic Acid Association to Nanoparticles
- Saalehah Habeebah: An Analysis of Access to Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Services among Refugees in the New River Valley
- Alexa Maione: The Introduction of Aquaponics Systems in the Educational Setting in Montgomery County, Virginia
- Kylie Campbell: Environmental Predictors of Rotifer Recruitment in a Drinking Water Reservoir
- Shaifali Prajapati: Social, Economic, and Cultural Factors of Latrine Adoption in Coastal South India